Kemarin sudah dipelajari 5 skill:
Pada postingan kali ini berupa latihan (exercise) untuk mengukur sebagaimana pemahaman terhadap ke 5 skill yang telah dipeljari di atas.
Latihan untuk skill 1-5.
Silahkan diblok untuk subjek dan diblok serta digaris bawahai yang merupakan verb (kata kerja). Kemudian tentukan mana kalimat yang salah dan mana kalimat yang benar.
- For three weeks at the beginning of the semester students with fewer than the maximum number of units can add additional courses.
- On her lunch hour went to a nearby department store to purchase a wedding gift.
- The fir trees were grown for the holiday season were harvested in November.
- In the grove the overripe oranges were falling on the ground.
- The papers being delivered at 4:00 will contain the announcement of the president’s resignation.
- A specialty shop with various blends form around the world in the shopping mall.
- The portraits exhibited in the Houston Museum last month are now on display in Dallas.
- With a sudden jerk of his hand threw the ball across the field to one of the other players.
- Construction of the housing development it will be underway by the first of the month.
- Those applicants returning their completed forms at the earliest date have the highest priority.
Latihan TOEFL untuk skill 1-5.
Silahkan pilih jawaban yang paling tepat untuk melengkapi kalimat.
1. The North Plate River _______ from Wyoming into Nebraska
(A) it flowed
(D) with flowing water
2. ________ Biloxi received its name from a Sioux word meaning "first peopke".
(A) The city of
(B) located in
(C) It is in
(D) The tour included
3. A pride of lions _______ up to forty lions, including one to three males, several females and cubes.
(A) can contain
(B) it contains
4. __________ tea plant are small and white.
(B) On the
(C) Having flowers the
(D) The flowers of
5. The tetracylines, __________ antibiotics, are used to treat infections.
(A) are a family of
(B) being a family of
(C) a family of
(D) their family is
6. Any possible academic assistance from taking stimulants _______ marginal at best.
(A) it is
(B) they is
7. Hendy Adams, born in Boston ________ famous as a historian and novelist.
(B) and because
(C) he was
(D) and he became
8. The major cause __________ the pull of the Moon on the Earth.
(A) the ocean tides are
(B) of ocean tides is
(C) of the tides in the ocean
(D) the oceans' tides
9. Still a novely in the late nineteenth century, _________ limited to the rich
(B) wa photography
(C) it was photography
(D) photography was
10. A computerized mpa of the freeways using information gathered by sensors embedded in the pavement ______ on a local cable channed during rush hours.
(D) to air
Latihan untuk skill 1-5:
1, 4, 5, 7, dan 10: Correct/benar. 2, 6, dan 8: Incorrect/salah (kehilangan subjek), 3: I (Kelebihan verb), 9: I (kelebihan subjek)
Latihan TOEFL untuk skill 1-5:
B, A, A, D, C, C, A, B, D, A