Contoh Soal CPNS Bahasa Inggris dan Jawaban (TOEFL-Structure)
Soal CPNS - TOEFL - Structure
Petunjuk Soal: Untuk bentuk soal nomor 1, 2, 3 dan sejenisnya dicari pilihan yang benar untuk melengkapi kalimat yang kosong. Sementara untuk soal nomor 4, 5, 6 dan sejenisnya dicari kata yang tidak sesuai (salah) dengan struktu kalimat.
b. is landmarked in
c. is a landmark in
d. is in a landmark
2. Young deer _________.
a. are called fawns
b. be fawns
c. is fawns
d. are fawns called
3. Not until a dog is several months old does it begin to exhibit signs of independence ___________.
a. its mother from
b. from mother
c. to mother
d. from its mother
4. The Treasury Department (a.is take) a new look at regulations limiting the (b.number) of interest that bank and (c.savings), and loan associations (d.can) pay on deposits.
5. (a.Him) should (b.be careful) with that vase because (c.it is very) old (d.and extremely fragile).
6. The repair shop (a.keep) my cassette player for six weeks before (b.returning it), (c.nevertheless), (d.it still) does not work properly.
7. To score a goal in soccer you ________.
a. must kick the ball
b. must kicks the ball
c. may kick them ball
d. must kick them balls
8. The observation deck at the Sears Tower _________ in Chicago.
a. is highest than any other one
b. is highest than any other one
c. is higher than any other one
d. is higher that any other one
9. If it _________ so cloudy, we would plan on having the fair outside.
b. was not
d. had not
10. At the 1984 Democratic National Convention in San Francisco, Geraldine Ferraro became the first woman _________ for the vice presidency.
a. to being nominated
b. to has been nominated
c. to have been nominated
d. to will be nominated
11. Pearl Buck, (a.a recipient) of the Nobel Peace Prize (b.for Literature) in 1938 (c.strove to bring) understanding and peace (d.on everyone).
12. In most circumstances (a.the person that owns) the property (b.can claim) the rights (c.as money) made (d.from drilling oil) on their property.
13. _______ chocolate will give you a tummy ache.
a. Eat too much
b. Eating to much
c. Eating too much
d. Eating too many
14. If she ____________ to advance her clock one hour, she wouldn’t have been late for work.
a. should have remembered
b. could remembered
d. would have remembered
15. It (a.was) obvious from his response in the press conference (b.that) the candidate (c.prepare) his answers (d.well).
16. A dream about falling _________.
a. scary is
b. is scary
c. are scary
d. very scary is
17. George Washington _________first U.S. President.
a. was the
c. were the
d. are the
18. Amelia Earhart was _______________ to pilot her plane across the Atlantic Ocean.
a. the first and a woman
b. the first woman
c. who the first woman
d. the woman who first
19. (a.Crawfish) farming (b.have been practiced) in south Louisiana (c.for) many (d.years).
20. The main purpose (a.of this class) is to (b.help you) better understand the (c.history of there) country, and how (d.it came to be).
21. ____________ a tree can be grown from a seedling.
a. That is generally believed
b. Believed generally is
c. Generally believed it is
d. It is generally believed that
22. The White Rose Bridge, (a.which close) today, for (b.resurfacing will not) be (c.open for) (d.two months).
23. (a.When) I joined the staff (b.of the) newspaper, I (c.were taught) to write short, powerful (d.headlines).
24. (a.Since the) official school colors (b.are red) and white, (c.all of) us (d.has worn) red and white to the championship game.
25. The poverty level in the United State is currently set __________________.
a. at 12,000 dollars or less.
b. as 12,000 dollars or less.
c. at 12,000 dollars as less
d. at 12,000 dollar or less.