- What is analytical exposition?
An analytical exposition is a type of spoken or written text that is intended to persuade the listeners or readers that something is the case. To make the persuasion stronger, the speaker or writer gives some arguments as the fundamental reasons why something is the case. This type of text can be found in scientific books, journals, magazines, newspaper articles, academic speech or lectures, research report etc. Analytical expositions are popular among science, academic community and educated people. The generic structure of analytical exposition usually has three components: (1) Thesis, (2) Arguments and (3) Reiteration or conclusion.
(Analytical exposition merupakan teks tertulis maupun melalui lisan yang ditujukan untuk membujuk pembaca atau pendengar akan akan suatu kasus. Dalam penulisan atau penyampaian isi analytical exposition, penulis atau pembicara memberikan beberapa argumen atau alasan mendasar yang menjelaskan kenapa hal itu menjadi suatu kasus. Argumen atau alsan tersebut juga digunakan untuk mendukung ide-ide si pengarang agar idenya yang bersifat membujuk dapat lebih kuat. Teks analytical exposition bisa ditemukan di buku-buku, jurnal, majalah, koran, paper akademik, dan lain-lain. Analytical exposition merupakan hal yang popular dalam kehidupan akademik. Terdapat tiga struktur umum teks analytical exposition yaitu: (1) Thesis, (2) Arguments and (3) Reiteration or conclusion)
- What is generic structure of analytical exposition?
1. Thesis : Introduces the topic and shows speaker or writer’s position;Outlines of the arguments are presented.2. Arguments : It consists about Point and ElaborationPoint, states the main argumentElaboration, develops and supports each point of argument3.Reiteration : Conclusion (restatement), restates speaker or writer’s position.
1. Thesis: untuk memperkenalkan topik permasalahan dan menampilkan posisi penulis atau pembicara. Biasanya diawali dengan kalimat , dll.
2. Arguments: berisi tentang alasan-alasan untuk medukung thesis yang dikemukakan. Diawali dengan kata-kata: First, Second, Furthermore, In addition, The last, dll3. Reiteration : berisi tentang simpulan dari Thesis, dan Arguments yang dikemukakan. Kata-kata yang digunakan biasanya In my conclusion, Based on the arguments above, finally dll.
- Example of analytical exposition text
Corruption and Indonesian Culture
Corruption has happened for many years and today it becomes a bad culture in Indonesia for three reasons.
Most adult Indonesian or foreigners have known and admitted that corruptions happen in many places. The daily newspapers, news programs on TV and radio have reported corruptions are done everywhere, almost in all departments or public services of this country. Corruptions happen in health, education departments and banks. When we manage to get somedocuments in public service offices, we usually need much money to pay. Manipulations happen everywhere.
The actions to eliminate corruption are weak. The ever stronger culture seems not to come to an
end when the responsible institutions who have to reinforce the justice today commit corruption. This is the worst. Corruptions happen in police department, courts where judges, public prosecutors, lawyers make deals to do corruption. All of us also heard in the end of 2004, Probosutejo reported that he had bribed the Supreme Court, or called Mahkamah Agung which becomes the highest level where the justice can be obtained. Perhaps you have to try to come to the local courts and see what happen there. You will see practices of bribery and other kinds of corruption. Therefore, we can say that corruptions becomes our culture. Do you like it?
The citizens have no goodwill to fight against the corruption. They create the situations in which people have opportunities to do corruptions. The citizens like to break the rules because they are not disciplined. For example, in the street when they drive a car or ride motorcycle, they do not have the driving license or necessary documents. Then, they are caught by the local policemen. To avoid more difficulties, they like to bribe the officer. The officer let them go then. In other words, the citizens and officers are the same, doing corruption together. If only the people were critical, disciplined, and obey the rules, and willing to report any wrong behaviors, this country will not be number one corrupting country in the world.
In conclusion, corruption is becoming a bad culture in Indonesia if it is not ended soon by all of us. It seems that there must be more severe penalty for the corruptors. Do we still care about the future of this country?