The Wolf and the Crane
“What can I help do you?” asked the crane.
“I have a bone stuck in my throat. You have a long bill, and so you can draw it out”, said the wolf. “If you do that for me, I will give you a reward.”
“Let me try,” said the crane. “It is not difficult for me to do so.”
The wolf opened his mouth wide. The crane put her bill in and drew out the bone. “Now will you give me the reward, please?” the crane asked the wolf.
“Reward?” said the wolf. “Don‟t talk about that. You should be thankful to me. Although you put your head into my mouth, I did not bite you. What more do you want?”
Taken from: New Standard English Reader for Elementary School, p. 36
- crane = bangau
- stuck = tersedak
- throat = kerongkongan
- bill = paruh
- reward = hadiah
- wide = lebar
- drew = menarik
- thankful = berterima kasih
- bite = menggigit
A. Circle T if the statement is True and F if it is False.
____1. The wolf was very greedy.
____2. The wolf ate so slowly that a bone got stuck in his throat.
____3. He could not draw the bone out.
____4. He asked a crane to draw the bone out.
____5. The crane got a reward for helping the wolf.
B. Answer the following questions based on the text above.
1. What happened when the wolf was eating greedily?
2. What got stuck in the wolf‟s throat?
3. When did the wolf go to the crane?
4. Why did the wolf go to the crane?
5. What did the wolf say when he came to the crane?
6. What did the wolf say to the crane if the crane helped him?
7. How did the crane draw out the bone in the wolf‟s throat?
8. Did the crane get the reward from the wolf?
Questions by Nifatul Aula, an English teacher of vocational high school in Bondowoso, Indonesia.
Keywords: contoh teks narrative, contoh soal narrative text mts, smp, sma, ma, sltp, slta, narrative text tanpa jawaban, contoh teks narrative dan pertanyaan, contoh narrative text untuk smp.