How to Make Mobiles
Make some mobiles to decorate your room. You can hang them from the ceiling or on the windows or doors. You need strings, sticks and cardboard to make mobiles.
How to make it:
1. Take a stick. Tie a piece of string at its centre. Balance the stick from this string. Each end of the stick should not be higher or lower than the other.
2. Draw squares, circles, rectangles, triangles, stars and other shapes on a cardboard. Cut out the shapes.
3. Use string to hang the cut-out shapes on both sides of the stick. Make sure that the stick is balanced.
4. Do the same thing with another stick. Then, tie these two sticks to another stick above them.
You can hang other light things like keys, feathers, pencil or sharpeners. They will move easily when there is some wind.
1. The string should be tied …...
A. at both ends of the stick
B. at the centre of the stick
C. to the door, window or ceiling
D. to keys, feathers and sharpeners
2. To make a simple mobile, you need at least …… sticks
3. It is best to use light things because they …...
A. move easily
B. are balanced
C. are colourful
D. are of many shapes
4. The word decorate in the first paragraph means to make a place …..
5. From the passage, we can see that ……..
A. it is easy to make mobilesNote: untuk no. 4 ada yang memilih jawaban B. beautiful. Kami lebih memilih D. karena Kata decorate (mendekorasi) umumnya lebih dekat dengan kata attractive (interesting). Jadi, kemungkinan besar jawaban paling cocok yaitu D. Interesting.
B. children like to make mobiles
C. mobiles can be hung anywhere
D. many things are needed to make mobiles
Kami tidak cenderung ke pilihan B karena ruangan yang dibuat cantik (beautiful) tidak lain untuk membuatnya menarik (interesting).